Class Schedule: Every Sunday, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Length of Program: 10 weeks
Classroom Location: Twogether Events Studio (in Walnut, CA)
Language: English and Chinese-Mandarin
The Certificate Program for Special Event Planners requires 30 hours of lecture in classroom and 250 hours of internship with special event planners or professionals. This program is intended for those who have the responsibility of coordinating meetings, conferences, expositions, social programs or other types of events. It is also appropriate for administrative assistants who plan and coordinate events and individuals who require Meeting and Event Management education to obtain an entry-level position, or desire to expand their career opportunities in the future. You will gain the fundamental skill sets and practical knowledge to plan meetings or events like a seasoned professional. Make an investment in your future by learning straight from expert instructors who will share enlightening insights and career tips, as you begin to develop industry relationships and resources. This certificate is also open to anyone who is considering a career change and wants a comprehensive introduction to the field of Meeting and Event Management.
Internship and Job Placement Assistance
Students are actually require to complete up to 250 hours of internship with selected special event planners or professionals in order to complete the course and receive their certificates. With our internship program, students receive hands-on training by the professionals, help with some office work and assist at real events. It enables students to connect the knowledge and skills they have gained from their academics and apply in a work setting, and get an insider’s look at different employers. Upon completion, TWA certified graduates are positioned to join an existing business, participate in non-paid internships, receive job placement assistance, or start their own business.
We offer a 6-months career consultation to our certified graduates. Our counselors will have a one-on-one talk with certified graduates to determine if they enjoy working in a specific area of interest within the wedding & event planning industry. So we will be able to refer students to people who are able to hire them.
The full course tuition, including your textbook, online curriculum access, worksheet and contract templates, and certification exam fee is $1,800.00. We accept cash, personal check, company check, money order and bank transfer.
Registration fee is $199 and is not refundable.
How to enroll?
- “Click to Enroll“. It shall lead you to the enrollment page.
- Follow the instruction to enroll and pay the $199 enrollment fee.
- Click the “Download Registration Form” button on this page. It shall download the enrollment package.
- Fill out the information and mail it with your tuition and reference letters to The Wedding Academy two weeks prior the first day of class.
- Set up a Gmail account, so we will be able to share the lecture slides via Google Drive.
- Set up a Facebook account for submitting your assignments.
- The instructor will send you an email a week prior the first day of class to confirm the class meeting date/time/location.